Pages

Millicent YaZhi

Millicent YaZhi
Millicent Ya Zhi

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Last Day!

We are getting ready to leave for Hong Kong.  It's our last full day in China. It's been raining all morning.  We went to Walmart and the adjoining mall, but it was loud and hot.  It's been hard shopping here so I don't have much to bring home with me.  Milli is doing fine.  She wants to be held a lot so it's hard to pack. She's on my lap right now while I'm typing.  She also likes to take things out I have already packed.  She took John's wallet this morning and her shorts that she was supposed to wear today.  She's just like her big brother used to be.  The van is picking us up from the hotel at 4:30pm and it will take 3 hours to get to our hotel in Hong Kong that is by the airport.  The hotel has a shuttle.  We will only  be there 12 hours.  Then it's a 14 1/2 hours flight home.  We are ready to go and start our new life with Milli.  .  The trip went much smoother than expected, but it seemed like a very long time to be away.  Gus  said he wanted to stay longer so I'm assuming he had a good time.  John was ready to leave 5 days ago.  I have mixed feelings since I don't know when or if I'll ever be back.  I'm hoping Milli is looking forward to seeing her new home, her own bedroom and pets, and her new family and friends.

Thanks for all the emails and comments along the way.  Hope you enjoyed the ride!
All our love,
The Hintermeisters

2 comments:

  1. Loved hearing about your journey. This is something so private, so thank you for sharing such a huge and special time in your lives. It looks like Milli and the whole family are very happy. I am sure there will be some challenges and obstacles, but seeing the benefits and the joy on everyone's face (especially Milli) make it all worth it!!! Milli is going to have a great family and a great life. She is such a lucky and beautiful girl. Good luck on your flight home. See you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, John, Gus and Milli,

    It has been an absolute pleasure following your journey. I’m amazed at all the smiles Milli is giving and how well she’s adjusted this far. She’s adorable and you are all so blessed. The packing to go sounds a lot like our trip in the hotel room. I literally had to strap Noah to me in the Ergo while I packed because he was nervous that he was once again changing “homes”. I can’t wait to hear how Milli likes her own room and her own house. How exciting!

    Prayers for safe travels,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete